Table of Contents
This is a voluntary self-organized cycle of seminars. This activity is thought for students from BSc and MSc Courses in Computer Science of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Catania, Italy. Several topics not usually covered during the classic curricula will be treated in this activity.
I curated the beSTudent cycle of seminars in the A.Y. 2018\19.
- How to find meaningful References
- Main website / search-engine for browsing scientific references
- How to distinguish good references from bad ones
- Bibliometrics indices
- How to write a scientific text
- The template of a scientific text
- The role of English language in the scientific research
- Abstracts, short and long papers, surveys, reports
- Write your own scientific text using LaTeX
- The role of the Data Scientist
- Awarness on Machine Learning
- The Data Science life cycle
- Advanced Tools for Data Analysis
- To be Confirmed
The available Teaching Material may contain errors. It does not substitute any educational book. It should be used only as a support material during the learning process. Please, report any error by e-mail.
I template per la tesi riportati in questa pagina non sono una versione ufficiale approvata dal dipartimento. Si raccomanda di concordare il loro utilizzo con il docente relatore di riferimento per il tesista.
Last updated on 6 June, 2019. Teaching material is available in English, under request.
- Incontro#1 - L’importanza delle References:
- Incontro#2 - Le meraviglie di LaTeX:
- Incontro#3 - Il Data Scientist e i suoi attrezzi del mestiere: